Sack Gabions are cylindrical units which are made of double twisted steel woven wire mesh panel according to ASTM A975-97 and EN10223-3. When it is used, its filled with selected stones to make a stable and durable structure with good water permeability to prevent or control flood. Meantime it can also used in emergency works. Sack Gabions are supplied with reinforcing wires to be inserted during the manufacturing process to facilitate closing during installation. The wire used in gabion sack is heavily zinc coated soft temper steel.
Surface treatment: electro galvanized or hot dipped galvanized.
How to use:
Sack gabions filled with stones are used in river control and various emergency works. It's supplied with steel reinforcing wires inserted during the manufacturing process to facilitate closing during installation.
* Economic and useful: what we need to do is just put the stones into the cage without special skills.
* It is convenient to transport as it can be transported folded, assembly on site.
* It has a strong resistance to natural destruction and poor weather.
* It can withstand large-scale deformation, and does not collapse.
* Some plants can grow in the gap among the rocks and it can melt with the natural environment surrounding together.
* And it has good permeability, which can prevent the damage caused by fluid static.
Sack gabions are filled with rock at the project site to form flexible, permeable, monolithic structures used for emergency and river training works, where local conditions require fast installation or the water does not allow easy access to the site. It's also widely used in highways, railways, protecting hillside, hillside greening, well and alley fence, building and breeding, zoo fence, greening fence, hillside net cage, flood fighting net cage, revet fence, control and guide the direction of river, spillway and diversion channel and rock fall protection.